1. Purchase player insurance from our website. You cannot get on the field without it.
2. Register with the league. We play in the Nation Capital Amateur Football League (NCAFA).
3. Pick up equipment at Joe St Denis Field:
U10 Tyke & U12 Mosquito
Wednesday July 6th 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Sunday July 10th 5:00pm – 6:30pm
U14 Pee Wee & U16 Bantam
Saturday July 16th 5:00pm – 6:30pm
Wednesday July 20th 6:00pm – 7:30pm
4. Your athlete will be provided with a helmet, shoulder pads, mouth guard and padded pants. You will need to purchase a practice jersey ($20). Game socks ($12) are mandatory, but only once we get closer to the games. They should wear cleats to play tackle football.
5. TRYOUTS. This is travelling team football, there are tryouts and not everyone will be selected. Our rosters are limited in size by NCAFA. Practices are mandatory, please contact your coach if you cannot attend for any reason Here is the SCHEDULE for tryouts:
6. We will put your athletes in the best possible situation to help them be their very best. Athletes will be judged on effort, the ability to listen/process instructions and the willingness to play a contact sport. Prior playing experience will not guarantee selection. New athletes are encouraged to join.
7. Regular season is scheduled to start on the weekend of August 20th. We play an eight game regular season (4 home and 4 away). Our home games are always Sundays, Away dates are decided by the other club. Championship games are scheduled for first weekend in November.
8. U10 Tyke & U12 Mosquito will play in a pre-season jamboree. Tykes are invited to the Saturday August 6th Tyke Tustle at TD Place Stadium. Mosquito is invited to Mosquito Madnesson Sunday August 7th, this will be in Kanata or Gatineau.
U10 – Kirby Camplin
U12 – Chris Leonard
U14 – Kirby Camplin
U16 – Stephane Bigras
Check out the league website at www.ncafa.ca.